Calapooia River Bridge
Photo taken by Mike Garland in March 2018
BH Photo #486137
Built to bypass the Crawfordsville Covered Bridge.
In 1963 Linn County residents requested the covered bridge be bypassed to allow larger vehicles to cross the river here. The Oregonís State Highway Commission did so, building this bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over Calapooia River on Or 228 (Hwy 212)
- Linn County, Oregon
- Open to traffic
- Built 1963
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 109.9 ft.
Total length: 210.0 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.35755, -122.86039 (decimal degrees)
44°21'27" N, 122°51'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/511125/4911596 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- OR 01725A (Oregon Dept. of Transportation structure number)
BH 91269 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 66 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 19, 2020: New photos from Mike Garland
- Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net