I-5 - Gateway Pedestrian Bridge
I-5 Gateway Pedestrian Bridge
Photo taken by Mike Goff in March 2011
BH Photo #255014
This pedestrian bridge was completed in early 2009 at a cost of $2,035,000.
It won the 2010 Portland Cement Association Concrete Bridge Award for excellence in design and construction.
- Cable-stayed bridge over Interstate 5 on Pedestrian Path
- Eugene, Lane County, Oregon
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 2009
- - Jiří Stráský of Brno, South Moravia, Czech Republic
- Knife River Corporation of Bismarck, North Dakota (Pre-stressed Concrete Fabricator)
- Mowat Construction Co. of Woodinville, Washington (Contractor)
- OBEC Consulting Engineers of Eugene, Oregon (Engineering Design Firm)
Length of largest span: 170.0 ft.
Total length: 503.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.07782, -123.04739 (decimal degrees)
44°04'40" N, 123°02'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/496205/4880517 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Eugene East
- Inventory number
- BH 56407 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 31, 2013: New photo from Luke Harden
- May 31, 2013: New photos from Mike Goff
- May 30, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Edited builder section to have Jiří Stráský's name contain the diacritics, Added street view.
- May 30, 2013: Added by K. A. Erickson