The Robertson Bridge has been abandoned in place. The deck and timber approach spans were removed, while the truss remained in place.
Built in Grants Pass 1909, Relocated 1929, Abandoned 2001
The Robertson Bridge, named for early Oregon pioneers who settled near the area in the 1870's, is a 583-foot three span steel through truss structure with on 90-foot Pratt truss, and two 180-foot Parker trusses. The bridge use to feature seven timber approach spans that were removed. The three truss spans are all pin-connected. The bridge was moved to its present location in 1929 from a location on the Pacific Highway over the Rogue River in Grants Pass, where it was replaced by the Caveman Bridge in 1931. The original nameplate provided a original construction date of circa 1909.
(Historical Highway Bridge of Oregon - 1989)
Length of largest span: 180.0 ft.
Total length: 583.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+42.49667, -123.48833(decimal degrees) 42°29'48" N, 123°29'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
USGS topographic map
OR 01592 (Oregon Dept. of Transportation structure number)
BH 37079 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 07/1991)
Deck condition rating: Poor(4 out of 9) Superstructure condition rating: Serious(3 out of 9) Substructure condition rating: Poor(4 out of 9) Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 10.9 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
March 22, 2011: New photos from Michael Goff
November 8, 2010: New photos from Michael Goff
November 25, 2008: Updated by Michael Goff: Added Historical Information