Quines Creek Covered Bridge 37-10-08x
Maxwell Photo Description
This photo shows the Quines Creek Covered Bridge over Cow Creek (World Guide # 37-10-08) near Azalea off Hwy 99 in Douglas County, Oregon. In 1954 it was in need of repair with vertical boards missing in many places on the sides. It featured horizontal openings the entire length under the roofline. It also exhibited a large opening over the portal, which was the result of damage from a high loaded truck. This bridge was the last of the Smith truss covered bridges to survive in Oregon. The bridge was 100 feet in length and was built in 1913. It lasted until 1958.
(Salem Public Library)
- Lost Smith through truss bridge over Cow Creek on Quines Creek Road
- Douglas County, Oregon
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1913, Replaced 1958
- The Quines Creek Covered Bridge was the last Smith through truss in Oregon when it was removed in 1958. The bridge featured a single 100-foot housed timber Smith truss and timber stringer approach spans.
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
- Also called
- Cow Creek Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.78009, -123.28008 (decimal degrees)
42°46'48" N, 123°16'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/477089/4736432 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Quines Creek
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 37-10-08x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 46012 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 31, 2010: Essay added by Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com