McDonald Covered Bridge
The McDonald Covered Bridge was on the Loon Lake Inlet in Douglas County, about 12 miles south of Scottsburg. This bridge was built in 1932 and lasted in to the 1960s. It was a 60-foot Howe truss. The World Guide Number was 37-10-01. Location was T24S R9W S6. This bridge and many others were built by Douglas County bridge builder, Floyd C. Frear.
(Oregon State Archives, Salem Public Library)
- Lost covered Howe through truss bridge over Lake Creek on Elk Ridge Road
- Douglas County, Oregon
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1932, Replaced 1970
- - Floyd C. Frear (County Engineer)
- The McDonald Bridge was a 60-foot housed timber Howe truss.
Span length: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
- Also called
- Loon Lake Inlet Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.57095, -123.83170 (decimal degrees)
43°34'15" N, 123°49'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/432840/4824556 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Loon Lake
- Inventory number
- BH 45601 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 8, 2010: Added by Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com