South Umpqua River Bridge
Days Creek Cut-Off Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Goff on March 12, 2009
BH Photo #135511
This bridge was originally constructed over the Rogue River as a 10-Panel Parker truss. When it was relocated to its current location it was cut down to an 8-Panel truss, resulting in the non-traditional diagonal layout. The steel tied arch was inserted into the truss in the last decade to add additional support to the deck. This bridge, before the insertion of the arch, was included on the reserve list in Historic Highway Bridges of Oregon in 1985.
- Pennsylvania-Petit through truss bridge over South Umpqua River on Days Creek Cut-Off Road
- Douglas County, Oregon
- Open to traffic
- Built 1925
- The Days Creek Cut-Off Road Bridge is a unique structure. The bridge was originally a pinned connected Parker Truss when built in 1925. In the 1950's additional diagonal members were added to strengthen the structure, probably due to increased loading from logging trucks. An additional steel arch was added within the truss later. With all of the additional steel added to this bridge the overall appearance is unique to Oregon and truss bridges in general.
Length of largest span: 152.0 ft.
Total length: 205.1 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.9 ft.
- Also called
- Days Creek Cut-Off Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.97121, -123.21408 (decimal degrees)
42°58'16" N, 123°12'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/482542/4757640 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Days Creek
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- ORNBI 19C498 42 882 (Oregon bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 29945 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 70.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 19, 2011: Updated by Rebecca Burrow: Added description.
- March 17, 2009: Updated by Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Rebecca Burrow