Thomas Creek Bridge
Thomas Creek Bridge
From Thomas Creek Beach
Photo taken by Mike Goff in August 2013
BH Photo #271622
Today at 2:20 PM
Hi. My name is Dan Latham and I handle public affairs for the Oregon Department of Transportation on the south coast. I saw your names listed at the bottom of the Bridgehunter.com page for Thomas Creek Bridge.
We have a couple upcoming projects that will affect Thomas Creek Bridge and Reinhart Creek Bridge, about 30 miles up the coast. We will be painting both bridges and making several repairs. Construction begins this summer and will continue for a couple years. We have more details on the project website:
Construction will require lane closures at both locations, and some work enclosures will be used.
We realize that there are many bridge enthusiasts or tourists who visit both locations, and they may be disappointed to drive hundreds of miles to find construction at both bridges. We would like to raise awareness of the projects so that folks have the opportunity to adjust their travel plans.
Do you have any suggestions for how we can spread the word? Are there any groups or organizations you think we should contact?
ODOT Public Affairs
- Continuous Warren deck truss bridge over Thomas Creek on US 101
- Curry County, Oregon
- Open to traffic
- Built 1961
- - Ivan D. Merchant (Bridge Engineer)
- Continuous Warren deck truss
Length of largest span: 371.0 ft.
Total length: 956.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.16593, -124.35927 (decimal degrees)
42°09'57" N, 124°21'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/387720/4669093 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- OR 08459 (Oregon Dept. of Transportation structure number)
BH 29938 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 75.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- October 20, 2014: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- December 9, 2013: New photos from Mike Goff
- June 18, 2013: New photos from Mike Goff
- April 28, 2011: New photos from Michael Goff
- December 15, 2008: New photos from Michael Goff
- October 27, 2008: Updated by Michael Goff
- June 12, 2008: New photos from Michael Goff
- June 10, 2008: Updated by Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Wikipedia - Thomas Creek Bridge
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com