1 vote

Crooked River Bridge


General Perspective View Of The Elliot Lane Bridge, View Looking Northwest

Photo taken by Historic American Engineering Record

View photos at Library of Congress

BH Photo #138606



Lost double intersection Warren through truss bridge over Crooked River on Elliot Lane
Crook County, Oregon
Replaced by a pre-cast concrete girder bridge in 2003
Built 1936, Replaced 2003
- Coast Bridge Co. of Portland, Oregon (Contractor)
The Crooked River Bridge is a rare example of a Double Intersection Warren Through Truss (the main span), with a secondary span comprised of a Warren Pony Truss with Polygonal Upper Chords. Both spans are of riveted steel construction. The through truss main span was relocated to its current site in the 1930's, and attached to the pony truss span to accommodate the width of the Crooked River at this crossing. The two-span structure has an overall length of 206 feet, and overall width of 18.5 feet. The vertical clearance of the through truss span is 16 feet. The Warren double-intersection truss is one of two remaining of this type in the State of Oregon.
(HAER OR-133)
Length of largest span: 125.0 ft.
Total length: 206.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.7 ft.
Also called
Elliot Lane Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+44.33667, -120.92667   (decimal degrees)
44°20'12" N, 120°55'36" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
10/665285/4911357 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Houston Lake
Inventory numbers
ORNBI 13C12 012400138 (Oregon bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 42387 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • April 20, 2009: Added by Michael Goff

Related Bridges 


  • Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
  • HAER OR-133 - Crooked River Bridge, Spanning Crooked River on Elliot Lane (County Road, Prineville vicinity, Crook County, OR


Crooked River Bridge
Posted August 21, 2012, by Rebecca Burrow (rgburrow [at] gmail [dot] com)

Both pieces of this bridge have been relocated and restored as separate pedestrian spans in Prineville, near the county fairgrounds.