Coquille River Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Goff on March 2, 2010
BH Photo #156774
The Coquille River Bridge replaced the Conde B. McCullough designed steel swing span bridge near the same location in 1986. The lift out span is one of two of this type in Oregon.
- Removable span bridge over Coquille River on OR 42S in Coquille
- Coquille, Coos County, Oregon
- Open to traffic
- Built 1986
- - OBEC Consulting Engineers of Eugene, Oregon (Consulting Firm)
- Robert D. Carter (Design Engineer)
- Walter J. Hart (State Bridge Engineer)
- The Coquille River Bridge features a removable span that can be removed by a crane for river traffic. The Coquille bridge is one of two bridges of this type in Oregon, the other being the Willuski River Bridge near Astoria.
The remaining eight spans of the Coquille River Bridge are pre-stressed/pre-cast concrete girders, that are typical of highway bridges built during this era.
Length of largest span: 82.0 ft.
Total length: 634.9 ft.
Deck width: 36.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.17389, -124.19806 (decimal degrees)
43°10'26" N, 124°11'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/402623/4780821 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- OR 00598D (Oregon Dept. of Transportation structure number)
BH 29926 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 59.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 19, 2010: New Street View added by Michael Goff
- March 2, 2010: New photos from Michael Goff
- March 18, 2009: Updated by Michael Goff
- October 21, 2008: New photo from Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com