Rating:
No votes cast

Weyerhauser Forest Road Truck Bridge

Photos 

Looking Northwest

This is the view from the remnants of the old log truck road.

Photo taken by Mike Garland in June 2016

Enlarge

BH Photo #368171

Map 

Description 

Originally built in 1943 out of wood, it was destroyed by arsonists in 1953. It was a joint venture between Weyerhauser and the Ostrander Lumber Company. That bridge was replaced by a fully concrete bridge that is still in place. The bridge was abandoned in 1974 when the private log truck road was closed.

Facts 

Overview
Abandoned concrete deck girder bridge over Molalla River
Location
Clackamas County, Oregon
Status
Derelict/abandoned
History
Built 1953
Design
Concrete deck girder
Dimensions
Total length: 140.0 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+45.22815, -122.63455   (decimal degrees)
45°13'41" N, 122°38'04" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
10/528688/5008360 (zone/easting/northing)
Inventory number
BH 74141 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • October 20, 2016: New photos from Mike Garland
  • October 19, 2016: Added by Mike Garland

Sources 

  • Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net