Weyerhauser Forest Road Truck Bridge
This is the view from the remnants of the old log truck road.
Photo taken by Mike Garland in June 2016
BH Photo #368171
Originally built in 1943 out of wood, it was destroyed by arsonists in 1953. It was a joint venture between Weyerhauser and the Ostrander Lumber Company. That bridge was replaced by a fully concrete bridge that is still in place. The bridge was abandoned in 1974 when the private log truck road was closed.
- Abandoned concrete deck girder bridge over Molalla River
- Clackamas County, Oregon
- Built 1953
- Concrete deck girder
Total length: 140.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.22815, -122.63455 (decimal degrees)
45°13'41" N, 122°38'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/528688/5008360 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 74141 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 20, 2016: New photos from Mike Garland
- October 19, 2016: Added by Mike Garland
- Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net