The Park Place Bridge is a 385-foot bridge consisting of a 220-foot long Parker through truss and two sets of timber trestles at each approach. The bridge was built in 1921 by the Oregon State Highway Department and served as a major auto connection between Oregon City and Gladstone until 1977 when the bridge was closed.
In 1986 the bridge was converted into a multi-use pedestrian/bicycle bridge and served this purpose until 2006 when an arson fire destroyed a portion of the south approach. After the repairs where completed by Mowat Construction the bridge reopened to pedestrians and bicycles in November 2008.
(Source: Bicycle Transportation Alliance, 2009)
Length of largest span: 220.0 ft.
Total length: 385.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
82nd Avenue Pedestrian Bridge
Clackamas River Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+45.37854, -122.58421(decimal degrees) 45°22'43" N, 122°35'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious(3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory(6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory(6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 53 (out of 100) View more at BridgeReports.com
April 4, 2013: New Street View added by Mike Goff
November 17, 2009: Updated by Michael Goff: Fixed GPS Coords.
November 5, 2009: Updated by Michael Goff: updated information