Du Bois Creek Bridge
Estacada Road Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Goff in June 2011
BH Photo #203669
The Du Bois Creek Bridge on Estacada Road is an interesting modern adaptation of timber bridge construction technology.
The bridge is a 60-foot timber structure consisting of a main 48-foot three-hinged laminated timber through arch main span. The through arch is of the pony arrangement, meaning there is no lateral bracing between the arches above the roadway.
The 20-foot wide timber deck slab is suspended from the arch on galvanized steel floor beams and hangers. The timber deck is covered with asphalt to provide a wearing surface for traffic and the rails are generic thrie-beam guardrail, all of which takes away for the aesthetic charm of the structure.
According the design drawings this design was originally meant to be used over Kellogg Creek on Kuehn Road near Milwaukie, Oregon which is also in Clackamas County. However, the plans to replace the Kuehn Road Bridge were delayed and Clackamas County decided to utilize the design at the Du Bois Creek location.
The original design of the structure was completed by the Oregon Department of Transportation Bridge Section in 1989, but the bridge was not constructed over Du Bois Creek until 1997. The timber elements of the bridge were fabricated by Western Wood Structures Inc. out of Tualatin, Oregon.
- Three-hinge timber through arch bridge over Du Bois Creek on Estacada Road
- Clackamas County, Oregon
- Open to traffic
- Built 1997
- Three-hinge timber through arch
Length of largest span: 48.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- Estacada Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.28115, -122.34614 (decimal degrees)
45°16'52" N, 122°20'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/551281/5014391 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- OR 18529 (Oregon Dept. of Transportation structure number)
BH 29874 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 82.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 18, 2019: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- July 7, 2011: New photos from Michael Goff
- December 31, 2008: New photos from Michael Goff