Caney River Bridge
Caney River Bridge on D3910
Notice the Lally Column style piers and the Pin-connected construction of the bridge truss. It makes me think this bridge is much older than 1935
Photo taken by Gene McCluney in November 2008
BH Photo #128790
Likely moved to this location in 1935, but appears to be at least 20 years older. Some design elements match those of the Avant Bridge in Osage County that was built by the Rochester Bridge Company of Rochester, IN.
- Parker through truss bridge over Caney River on D3910
- Osage County, Oklahoma
- Open to traffic
- - Rochester Bridge Co. of Rochester, Indiana (Likely Fabricator)
- 10-panel, pinned Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 182.1 ft.
Total length: 202.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.88333, -96.02000 (decimal degrees)
36°52'60" N, 96°01'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/765586/4086077 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 045850000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 29513 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 15.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 18, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- December 1, 2008: New photo from Gene McCluney