Lake Overholser Bridge
Photo taken by Jeff McNeiland
BH Photo #132064
This bridge is once again open for traffic.
According to The Oklahoman newspaper, the cost by the city to repair the bridge was $4 million. Funds came from a voter-passed bond issue. The bridge had been closed to traffic since 2008.
The bridge was built in 1924 before Route 66 and was mentioned in John Steinbeck’s novel, “The Grapes of Wrath.”
- Through truss bridge over N. Canadian River on N. Overholser Dr. (Old US 66) in Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma
- Open to traffic
- Built 1924. closed in 2008; repaired/reopened in 2011
- - General Construction Co. of Federal Way, Washington
- Two-lane highway bridge with four Parker through truss spans with one camelback Warren pony truss at each end.
Length of largest span: 144.0 ft.
Total length: 748.1 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 2, 2004
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.51462, -97.66419 (decimal degrees)
35°30'53" N, 97°39'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/621130/3930935 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1250 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 04000133 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
OKNBI 014160000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 29473 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 30.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 19, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- March 2, 2010: Updated by J Lance: Added coordinates
- March 2, 2010: New photos from J.P.
- November 10, 2009: Updated by David Backlin: Open to pedestrians
- August 1, 2009: New photos from James McCray
- October 28, 2008: Updated by Rick Mattioni: National Register and builder information added.
- October 14, 2008: Updated by Rick Mattioni: Bridge location updated.