Black Bear Creek Bridge
Photo taken 2003 by Wes Kinsler
5/9/2012 - This bridge was just recently removed for replacement by the State. Due to an agressive campaign to remove all SD bridges there is a possiblity that no truss bridges will remain on the State Highway System in another few years.
- Through truss bridge over Black Bear Creek on US 77
- Noble County, Oklahoma
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1931
- - Fisher Construction Co.
- 8-panel riveted Parker through truss with additional sub-ties and struts.
Length of largest span: 160.1 ft.
Total length: 164.1 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.34636, -97.28261 (decimal degrees)
36°20'47" N, 97°16'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/654111/4023734 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 034320000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 29419 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 39.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- May 9, 2012: Updated by Gary Hines: Bridge replaced; description
- January 3, 2010: Updated by Wes Kinsler: Added additional data.