Manard Bayou Bridge
Barrel View Looking North
Photo taken by Rick Mattioni in November 2008
BH Photo #128728
Written by Gene McCluney
The bridge has an attached makers plate that shows the year 1914. The bridge is of riveted construction, yet 1/2 the joints are now bolts, rather than rivets. This leads me to speculate that the bridge may have been moved here, and may have started life at another location.
- Pony truss bridge over Manard Bayou on Five Mile Rd. (N4410 Rd.)
- Muskogee County, Oklahoma
- Bypassed and abandoned.
- Built 1914
- - Vincennes Bridge Co. of Vincennes, Indiana
- Parker pony truss
Length of largest span: 87.9 ft.
Total length: 128.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.79500, -95.16333 (decimal degrees)
35°47'42" N, 95°09'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/304505/3963370 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Fort Gibson Dam
- 540 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 003970000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 29406 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 23.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 2, 2016: Updated by Nathan Holth: Appears to by bypassed and left standing per Google Imagery.
- April 14, 2009: Essay added by Gene McCluney
- April 12, 2009: New photo from Gene McCluney
- November 28, 2008: Updated by Rick Mattioni: Bridge information updated.
- November 6, 2008: Updated by Rick Mattioni: Bridge design and crossing updated.