Rooster Creek Bridge
Through view, facing north
Photo taken by M C Toyer in October 2014
BH Photo #301032
This bridge was located here about 1940 during the construction of Lake Texoma but may have been salvaged from another unidentified location. A cantilevered walkway has been added on the east side.
Before the lake Rooster Creek was a small shallow seasonally intermittent stream. As seen in the final photos variations in lake levels result in both a dry creek bed and the bridge deck being fully submerged.
- Parker through truss bridge over Rooster Creek on Texoma Park Road
- Lake Texoma State Park, Marshall County, Oklahoma
- Open, single lane travel only
- Built 1940
- Parker through truss with concrete deck, lattice guard rails, and external walkway
Span length: 225.0 ft.
Total length: 225.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.98886, -96.63805 (decimal degrees)
33°59'20" N, 96°38'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/718172/3763435 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kingston South
- 648 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 63572 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 12, 2014: Added by M C Toyer
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com