AOK - Poteau River Bridge
The 1973 RI track chart lists this bridge as having a 16 panel ballasted deck pile trestle. It appears to have been almost completely filled in, with what looks like a short concrete stringer approach span replacing it.
Total length is approximate
- Warren through truss with all verticals bridge over Poteau River on Arkansas-Oklahoma Railroad
- Le Flore County, Oklahoma
- Open to traffic
- - Arkansas-Oklahoma Railroad (AOK)
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- 150' Warren through truss with all verticals
90' Through Plate Girder
30' Concrete Stringer approach span
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 270.0 ft.
- Also called
- RI - Poteau River Bridge
RI - Br.#2996
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.95025, -94.69999 (decimal degrees)
34°57'01" N, 94°41'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/344771/3868846 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 74463 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 25, 2016: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "ballasted deck", "railroad", "Arkansas-Oklahoma Railroad", "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad", "Riveted"
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com