UP - South Canadian River Bridge (Calvin)
First View of Bridge
Photo taken by John Cross in October 2008
BH Photo #152496
Bridge and rail grade now closed. Approached from the Northwest via private property with permission. Tracks are still in place.
- Closed through truss bridge over (So.) Canadian River on embargoed Union Pacific Railroad
- Calvin, Hughes County, Oklahoma
- Embargoed since 1984 due to bridge washout at Shawnee, OK
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- Choctaw, Oklahoma & Gulf Railroad (CO&G)
- Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (MKT)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- 1 Panel Ballasted Deck Pile Trestle
2 - 310' Pin-Connected Parker Through Truss
1 - 210' Pin-Connected Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 310.0 ft.
Total length: 830.0 ft.
- Also called
- RI - South Canadian River Bridge
RI Br. #3978
Calvin Railroad Bridge
Railroad Bridge to Holdenville
CO&G - South Canadian River Bridge
MKT - South Canadian River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.97382, -96.25635 (decimal degrees)
34°58'26" N, 96°15'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/750475/3873578 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Calvin West
- 700 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 43869 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 20, 2016: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "Union Pacific Railroad", "Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad"
- January 2, 2014: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- January 2, 2014: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added info from RI 1973 track chart
- January 14, 2010: New photos from John Cross
- January 10, 2010: Updated by Gene McCluney: Corrected data.
- January 9, 2010: Updated by Gene McCluney: Corrected data.
- January 9, 2010: Updated by John Cross: Newly listed, new photos and information