Old OK 2 Bridge
Photo taken by Gene McCluney in November 2009
Written by Gene McCluney
There are several remnants of a previous alignment of OK 2 in Haskell County. This particular bridge is visible from current alignment of OK 2 but is quite far off the current path. No road leads to it, and it is private property on all sides with fences. It spans a cut for a railroad track, which is long gone.
- Concrete stringer bridge over Abandoned Railroad cut. on Old OK 2.
- Haskell County, Oklahoma
- Closed to all traffic
- Concrete & steel stringer with riveted plates. Center section is concrete to avoid steam train corrosion from beneath.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- 643 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 43586 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 9, 2009: Updated by John Cross: GPS, Elev., and additional structure information
- November 8, 2009: New photos from Gene McCluney
- November 6, 2009: Essay added by Gene McCluney