Rock Creek Bridge
View of Bridge Looking Northeast
Photo taken by Rick Mattioni in October 2008
BH Photo #126763
Open to loads under 4 tons and under 7 feet 2 inches in height
- Through truss bridge over Rock Creek on Ozark Trail (Old Rt. 66) in Sapulpa
- Sapulpa, Creek County, Oklahoma
- Open to traffic with 4 Ton Weight Limit
- Built 1921
- - Concrete & Steel Construction Co. of Joplin, Missouri
- Eight-panel Parker through truss bridge with brick driving surface.
Length of largest span: 144.0 ft.
Total length: 146.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 23, 1995
- Also called
- Route 66 Bridge
Bridge No. 18 at Rock Creek
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.99365, -96.13654 (decimal degrees)
35°59'37" N, 96°08'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/758130/3987036 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 660 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 95000031 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
OKNBI 016200000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 28887 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 20.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- July 17, 2016: New photo from Lori Scholl
- January 31, 2016: Updated by David Backlin: Bridge is open to traffic
- September 13, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- July 6, 2015: New photos from Michael Shulman
- August 10, 2014: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Brick road"
- March 12, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added street view & imported photo
- February 26, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- November 19, 2009: Updated by Rick Mattioni: Builder's name added.
- December 10, 2008: New photos from Gene McCluney
- October 26, 2008: Updated by Rick Mattioni