Mineral Bayou Creek Bridge
Through view, facing east
Photo taken by M C Toyer in August 2014
BH Photo #301657
Bridge constructed in 1926 on Oklahoma Highway 5 designated US Highway 70 the same year. US 70 was realigned about one half mile north in 1938. The bridge and road continue to serve as an important secondary route.
- Steel stringer bridge over Mineral Bayou Creek on Old US Highway 70 / East Main Street
- Durant, Bryan County, Oklahoma
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926
- Steel stringer bridge with concrete deck, concrete posts and rails, and 5 foot wide internal raised sidewalk on north side. Adjoining 18 foot wide roadway paved with concrete ca 1925-26; both have been overlaid with asphalt.
Length of largest span: 34.1 ft.
Total length: 140.1 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- East Main Street Bridge
Old Highway 70 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.98955, -96.36589 (decimal degrees)
33°59'22" N, 96°21'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/743316/3764125 (zone/easting/northing)
- 590 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 017560000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 63638 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 63.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- April 24, 2017: New Street View added by David Backlin
- October 14, 2014: Corrected location, added details and photos
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net