Kiamichi - Sulphur Creek Trestle
Facing northwest from Valiant Road / Old US Hwy 70
Photo taken by M C Toyer in August 2014
BH Photo #301843
The railroad line from Hope Arkansas to Madill Oklahoma was originally built in 1902 by the Arkansas and Choctaw Railroad which was renamed the St Louis, San Francisco and New Orleans Railroad in 1903, then sold to the Frisco Railroad in 1907. Since 1987 it has been owned and operated by the Kiamichi Railroad.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Sulphur Creek on Kiamichi Railroad / Formerly Frisco RR
- Bryan County, Oklahoma
- Open to traffic
- - Kiamichi Railroad (KRR)
- St. Louis-San Francisco Railway (SLSF; Frisco)
- Deck plate girder central span with timber stringer approach spans on timber bents with concrete pier caps.
Length of largest span: 54.0 ft.
Total length: 320.0 ft.
Deck width: 8.0 ft.
- Also called
- Frisco - Sulphur Creek Trestle
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.00045, -96.06700 (decimal degrees)
34°00'02" N, 96°04'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/770899/3766084 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Bennington North
- 560 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 63675 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 16, 2014: New Street View added by M C Toyer
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com