Kiamichi - Valiant Road Overpass
Photo taken by M C Toyer in August 2014
BH Photo #301838
The railroad line from Hope Arkansas to Madill Oklahoma was originally built in 1902 by the Arkansas and Choctaw Railroad which was renamed the St Louis, San Francisco and New Orleans Railroad in 1903, then sold to the Frisco Railroad in 1907. Since 1987 it has been owned and operated by the Kiamichi Railroad.
The bridge passed over Oklahoma Highway 5 which was designated US Highway 70 in 1926. The highway was paved with concrete ca 1925-26.
- Slab bridge over Valiant Road / E2078 / Old US Hwy 70 on Kiamichi RR
- Bryan County, Oklahoma
- Open to traffic
- Built 1922
- - Kiamichi Railroad (KRR)
- St. Louis-San Francisco Railway (SLSF; Frisco)
- Concrete slab railroad bridge
Length of largest span: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 25.9 ft.
- Also called
- Frisco - US 70 Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.00043, -96.06633 (decimal degrees)
34°00'02" N, 96°03'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/770961/3766085 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Bennington North
- 560 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 238160000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 63673 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 1998)
- View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 16, 2014: Added by M C Toyer
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com