Kiamichi - Arkansas Street Overpass
Through view, facing south
Photo taken by M C Toyer in August 2014
BH Photo #301661
The railroad line from Hope Arkansas to Madill Oklahoma was originally built in 1902 by the Arkansas and Choctaw Railroad which was renamed the St Louis, San Francisco and New Orleans Railroad in 1903, then sold to the Frisco Railroad in 1907. Since 1987 it has been owned and operated by the Kiamichi Railroad.
The bridge passed over Oklahoma Highway 5 which was designated US Highway 70 in 1926. The highway was paved with concrete ca 1925-26 and has since been overlaid with asphalt.
- Concrete slab Kiamichi Railroad overpass of West Arkansas Street / old US Highway 70
- Durant, Bryan County, Oklahoma
- Built 1924
- - Kiamichi Railroad (KRR)
- St. Louis-San Francisco Railway (SLSF; Frisco)
- Concrete slab railroad overpass
Span length: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 20.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Also called
- Frisco - US Hwy 70 Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.99799, -96.41042 (decimal degrees)
33°59'53" N, 96°24'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/739178/3764956 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Durant South
- 660 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 63639 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 14, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added category "St. Louis-San Francisco Railway"
- October 14, 2014: Corrected location, added details and photos
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com