Timber - Creek - Bridge
The bridge is a Route 66 bridge located west of Elk City, OK.
Photo taken by James McCray in July 2009
Request this photo
The bridge was on the original 2 lane alignment of Route 66
- Through truss bridge over Timber Creek on I-40 Frontage Road in Elk City
- Beckham County, Oklahoma
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926
- - Nims & Frost
- Riveted, 6-panel Pratt through truss with additional sub-ties
Length of largest span: 96.1 ft.
Total length: 99.1 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.3 ft.
- Also called
- ODOT Bridge No. 0504 0278 SXF
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.34460, -99.58023 (decimal degrees)
35°20'41" N, 99°34'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/447276/3911413 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 017430000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 28704 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2013)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 60.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- February 26, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- October 4, 2011: Updated by Craig Philpott: corrected location
- July 5, 2010: New Street View added by James McCray
- October 18, 2009: Updated by Rick Mattioni: Builder and ODOT Bridge number added.
- August 20, 2009: New photo from John Cross
- July 27, 2009: New photos from James McCray