Sandusky River CR 47 Bridge
West portal view
Photo taken by Paul Plassman in October 2014
BH Photo #507690
Modern polygonal Warren pony truss bridges are a dime a dozen in Ohio, but a bridge with three pony truss spans is definitely outside the common run.
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals bridge over Sandusky River on CR 47
- Wyandot County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 2006 as part of new road alignment bypassing Indian Mill Bridge
- Three-span, polygonal Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 140.1 ft.
Total length: 241.2 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.86549, -83.25199 (decimal degrees)
40°51'56" N, 83°15'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/310212/4526266 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 8835756 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 94403 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 94.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 18, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman