Reed Bridge 35-80-05x
This bridge was condemned at the time HABS surveyed it in 1934, but the bridge was not closed until 1968. An attempt was made by the Union County Historical Society to preserve the bridge afterwards.
- Partridge through truss bridge over Big Darby Creek
- Union County, Ohio
- Bridge collapsed on Aug.19, 1993
- Built 1884, Rebuilt 1888, condemned c1934, closed 1968., collapsed in 1993
- - Reuben Partridge of Wilmington, New York/Marysville, Ohio
- Partridge truss covered bridge with a span of approximately 150 ft.
Span length: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 150.0 ft.
- Also called
- Big Darby Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.14988, -83.38077 (decimal degrees)
40°08'60" N, 83°22'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/297213/4447110 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Milford Center
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 35-80-05x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 44161 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 21, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- March 20, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- November 26, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Updated information. This was a Partridge truss and it collapsed in 1993.
- February 17, 2010: Added by Wes Kinsler