OH8 High Level Bridge
Picture of part of this large bridge
Photo taken by John Goold in September 2011
BH Photo #215755
Impressive High level bridge over Elizabeth Park and the little Cuyahoga River
- Deck truss bridge over Little Cuyahoga River and Elizabeth Park Valley on Route 8
- Akron, Summit County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1953; rehabilitated 1987
- - Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio (Contractor)
- Wilbur J. Watson & Co. of Cleveland, Ohio (Design)
- Cantilevered steel deck truss
Length of largest span: 359.9 ft.
Total length: 1,583.1 ft.
Deck width: 80.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.08667, -81.50194 (decimal degrees)
41°05'12" N, 81°30'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/457841/4548499 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Akron West
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 7700369 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 49749 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 78.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- March 6, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- January 22, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added category "Othmar H Ammann Award winner"
- July 3, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: Add photos and builders.
- July 2, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: Corrrected from arch to cantilever, per historic bridge inventory.
- March 17, 2013: New photo from Paul Woodring
- November 18, 2011: New photos from John Goold
- October 6, 2011: New photo from John Goold
- September 29, 2011: Added by John Goold