Sulpher Heights Hill Bridge
1909 or earlier view
Title says East Bridge but as its a two span 1880s Morse, I think the pic goes with this bridge.
Photo uploaded by Art S
View this photo at ebay.com
BH Photo #353522
Possibly built at the same time as the North Street Bridge in Sidney as the two shared identical Morse Bridge Company portal designs.
This bridge was needlessly demolished in 2007.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Great Miami River on River Road (CR 40)
- Shelby County, Ohio
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1886 by the Morse Bridge Co. of Youngstown, Ohio; rehabilitated 1982; replaced 2007
- - Morse Bridge Co. of Youngstown, Ohio
- (2)9-panel,pinned Pratt through trusses
Length of largest span: 113.9 ft.
Total length: 233.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.7 ft.
- Also called
- River Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.26536, -84.15810 (decimal degrees)
40°15'55" N, 84°09'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/741658/4461086 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 7539967 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 28406 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 4, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Restored information for the Sulphur Heights Hill Bridge to this page and created a new page for the North Street Bridge.
- May 23, 2016: Updated by Art Suckewer: Added a historic image, changed name and location based on street name in second image
- May 15, 2016: New photo from Art Suckewer