Seneca County Historical Society facebook page referenced by Paul
Vintage Photo of the Day – Today’s vintage photo is a view of the old iron Market Street Bridge in Tiffin from 1897. We’re looking towards the west and the building on the left was the Kuder & Frey Carriage Shop, which today is where the entrance driveway to the Kiwanis Manor is located. We can see that the streetcar tracks went on both sides of the center supports of the bridge. There are plates with the names of the bridge builders at the top of each span. Below them, there are crossmembers with large plates in the center that are embossed with “1888”, the year this bridge was constructed. This bridge was destroyed during the 1913 flood and all of the buildings visible in this photo are gone.
Photo uploaded by Art S..
View this photo at facebook.com
BH Photo #512784