The central CSX bridge, which replaced a B&O truss, carries two tracks and consists of two large through plate girder spans over the river, along with three steel stringer approach spans on the east and one deck plate girder approach span on the west which cross over Riverside Drive and Frost Parkway respectively. The east approach span that does not cross over Riverside Drive appears to use newer beams than the others.
The north outer bridge, originally a single-track New York Central span, appears to have originally consisted of two large through plate girder spans flanked by two smaller through plate girder spans, with the one on the west crossing over Frost Parkway, along with two stringer or deck girder spans over Riverside Avenue. The two easternmost approach spans over Riverside Avenue were removed between 2006 and 2009 according to Historic Aerials.com, but the other spans remain intact.
The south outer bridge, originally a single-track Pennsylvania Railroad span, also originally had two large plate girder spans and three or four smaller approach spans. However, on this bridge all three approach spans were removed sometime between 1995 and 2004 as seen in historic aerials, leaving only the two river spans. The date 1919 is engraved in the concrete pier next to Riverside Drive on this bridge.
The bridges rest on a partially stone, partially concrete substructure that is at least partly from the previous bridge complex, a trio of through truss spans. As if this is not enough, the piers extend a substantial distance downstream of the New York Central bridge, hinting that there may have been a fourth railroad span to cross the Sandusky here at one time.