Carl D. Perkins Memorial Bridge
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed in April 2009
BH Photo #169617
Because of the irregular state line in the Ohio River channel, all but about 300 feet of bridge on its north end is in Kentucky, considered, but unsigned as Kentucky State Highway 8-Spur. Ohio State Highway 852 ends at state line, 300 feet after the north steel truss begins in the above Street View.
- Warren cantilevered through truss bridge over Ohio River, CSX Railroad tracks on Kentucky State Highway 8-Spur and U.S. 23 Truck Route, between West Portsmouth, Ohio and South Portsmouth, Kentucky
- Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio, and Greenup County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Built 1987
- 3-span Warren cantilevered through truss, with 11 pre-stressed concrete deck approach spans (Ohio side)
Length of largest span: 900.0 ft.
Total length: 2,991.0 ft. (0.6 mi.)
Deck width: 48.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.72836, -83.01782 (decimal degrees)
38°43'42" N, 83°01'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/324599/4288565 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 45646 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 23, 2016: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- July 13, 2010: Added by Calvin Sneed
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net