I remember seeing this one several years ago when I was in Chillicothe. It is skewed and rather short, but still seems massive when you look up at it. Built for double track (although if I remember it was only carrying one at the time), and also crosses over a set of double tracks.
I believe the lower tracks might be Norfolk & Western but not positive. Not sure of the tracks the bridge is on and will need the railroad gurus to help out.
- Baltimore through truss bridge over N&W Railroad on Railroad
- Chillicothe, Ross County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Baltimore through truss (6 panels)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.37138, -82.97428 (decimal degrees)
39°22'17" N, 82°58'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/329934/4359848 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Chillicothe East
- Inventory number
- BH 52488 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 17, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- May 15, 2012: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com