Kellys Run Bridge
Dayton Daily News: June 21 1954
BH Photo #513150
Struck and demolished by an underaged driver. Original substructure may still be in place.
- Lost pony truss bridge over Kellys Run on Concord Fairhaven Road.
- Preble County, Ohio
- Destroyed by collision
- Built ca. 1890; collapsed June 20, 1954 when underage driver struck support bar in their truck
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 36.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.74000, -84.77667 (decimal degrees)
39°44'24" N, 84°46'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 35972 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 97 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 8, 2021: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- December 8, 2021: Updated by Tony Dillon: Update page to reflect bridge that collapsed in 1954.
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com