Johnson Mill Covered Bridge 35-60-31
Photo taken May 2006 by Jack Schmidt
BH Photo #108400
The use of Smith-patented, cast iron hardware connecting the horizontal lateral bracing, and joint configurations of the bracing, which are unique to the Smith Bridge Co. bridges indicate to me this is a Smith bridge.
- Covered bridge over Salt Creek on bypassed Arch Hill Road (CR 82)
- Muskingum County, Ohio
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1876; rehabilitated 1998
- - Smith Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio
- Smith through truss
Span length: 87.0 ft.
Total length: 87.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 10, 1974
- Also called
- Salt Creek Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.99885, -81.83972 (decimal degrees)
39°59'56" N, 81°50'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/428320/4427967 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 35-60-31 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 74001587 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 28144 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 31, 2020: New photos from Geoff Hubbs
- July 5, 2018: Updated by Bill Bowser: Thisis a Smith truss bridge, not a Warren.
- March 15, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- April 9, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Bridge is covered.
- October 11, 2006: Posted photos from Jack Schmidt
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Dale Travis Covered Bridge List
- Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Bowser - webowser [at] me [dot] com
- HAER OH-127 - Salt Creek Bridge, Spanning Big Salt Creek, bypassed section of Arch Hill Road (CR 82), Norwich, Muskingum County, OH
- Geoff Hubbs