Panther Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in August 2009
BH Photo #144476
I believe this may possibly be a rare surviving example of the Wrought Iron Bridge Company's "non-tubular" bowstring truss. A lost example of this type in Iowa shared many of the same characteristics of this bridge. http://bridgehunter.com/ia/howard/davis/
- Bowstring through truss bridge over Panther Creek on Private driveway off of Sugar Grove Road about 1 mile West of Owens Road.
- Miami County, Ohio
- Abandoned after new private pony truss was constructed.
- Future prospects
- The house and property including the bridge is for sale. The condition of the bridge is poor, and the future of the bridge is uncertain.
- Built ca. 1880
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio (likely fabricator)
- Wrought iron Bowstring through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.07923, -84.36326 (decimal degrees)
40°04'45" N, 84°21'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/724824/4439882 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pleasant Hill
- Inventory number
- BH 43127 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 18, 2015: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- August 31, 2014: New photos from Janis Ford
- November 20, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added possible fabricator for this span
- August 3, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Bridge's future is uncertain.
- February 8, 2010: New photo from Anthony Dillon
- August 12, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added coordinates
- August 6, 2009: Added by Anthony Dillon