St. James Road Bridge
Kings Mill Golf Course is in the background to the left
Photo taken by Joshua Collins in March 2009
BH Photo #136364
- Through truss bridge over Olentangy River on CR 141E (St. James Rd.)
- Marion County, Ohio
- In storage or disassembled
- Future prospects
- Disassembled and replaced by new covered bridge; stored at golf course, available for repurposing
- Built earlier over Scioto River and moved to this location 1937; rehabilitated 1987, disassembled and replaced late 2015/early 2016
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 188.0 ft.
Total length: 192.9 ft.
Deck width: 28.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.51245, -83.05335 (decimal degrees)
40°30'45" N, 83°03'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/326038/4486662 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Marion East
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 5132428 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 27992 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 18.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 3, 2022: New Street View added by Paul Plassman
- December 7, 2021: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Preserved"
- December 7, 2021: Updated by Luke: Added category "Relocated"
- February 24, 2016: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Bridge replaced with new covered bridge, disassembled and available for reuse
- August 26, 2015: New photos from Janis Ford
- August 10, 2015: Updated by Andy Peters: adds Marion Star article from Aug. 10, 2015
- July 18, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- April 1, 2009: Updated by Joshua Collins: road name, categories
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- Marion Star - bridge to be closed in Dec. 2015 and later demolished
- Andy Peters - anpete1971 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Janis Ford
- Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- Paul Plassman