Ohio Electric Interurban Bridge
Crosses Indian meeting place known as Roche de boeuf. Part of this Indian "island" destroyed during bridge construction.
Ohio DOT has proposed demolition, but other entities are working towards preservation.
- Abandoned arch bridge over Maumee River, S. River Road. Formerly Lima & Toledo Traction Company.
- Waterville, Lucas County, Ohio, and Wood County, Ohio
- Abandoned. Barricaded. Partal span collapse.
- Future prospects
- Ohio DOT has proposed demolition, but other entities are working towards preservation.
- Used by Interurban until 1937. It is now part of the Farnsworth Metropark. One of the bridge's supports is the Roche de Boeuf, a historic Indian council rock, which was partially damaged by the bridge construction.
- - Daniel B. Luten
- National Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- - Cincinnati & Lake Erie Railroad (C&LE)
- Lima & Toledo Traction Co. (L&T)
- Ohio Electric Railway (OE)
- Reinforced concrete deck arch
Roman aqueduct architectural design
Total length: 1,221.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 19, 1972
- Also called
- Ohio Electric - Maumee River Bridge
The Old Electric Bridge
C&LE - Maumee River Bridge
L&T - Maumee River Bridge
Roche de Boeuf Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.48632, -83.72836 (decimal degrees)
41°29'11" N, 83°43'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/272224/4596339 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Bowling Green North
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 72001036 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 44688 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 21, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- November 21, 2019: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Preservation vs. demolition being debated in public forums.
- June 18, 2017: Updated by Ken Durham: bridge in process of collapse.
- October 18, 2016: New photos from Janis Ford
- April 30, 2014: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- November 13, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Lima & Toledo Traction Co.", "Ohio Electric Railway"
- November 13, 2013: New photo from Jim Allen
- September 17, 2010: Updated by James Norwood: added dates, history, much more information
- April 1, 2010: Added by Joshua Collins
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- James Norwood
- Jim Allen
- Janis Ford
- Ken Durham - Kenneth [dot] Durham2 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com