Ohio Electric Interurban Bridge
Crosses Indian meeting place known as Roche de bout. Part of this Indian "island" destroyed during bridge construction.
- Abandoned arch bridge over Maumee River, S. River Road. Formerly Lima & Toledo Traction Company.
- Waterville, Lucas County, Ohio, and Wood County, Ohio
- Abandoned. Barricaded. Partal span collapse.
- Used by Interurban until 1937. It is now part of the Farnsworth Metropark. One of the bridge's supports is the Roche de Boeuf, a historic Indian council rock, which was partially damaged by the bridge construction.
- - National Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- - Cincinnati & Lake Erie Railroad (C&LE)
- Lima & Toledo Traction Co. (L&T)
- Ohio Electric Railway (OE)
- Reinforced concrete deck arch
Roman aqueduct architectural design
Total length: 1,221.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 19, 1972
- Also called
- C&LE - Maumee River Bridge
L&T - Maumee River Bridge
Ohio Electric - Maumee River Bridge
The Old Electric Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.48632, -83.72836 (decimal degrees)
41°29'11" N, 83°43'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/272224/4596339 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Bowling Green North
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 72001036 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 44688 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 18, 2017: Updated by Ken Durham: bridge in process of collapse.
- October 18, 2016: New photos from Janis Ford
- April 30, 2014: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- November 13, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Lima & Toledo Traction Co.", "Ohio Electric Railway"
- November 13, 2013: New photo from Jim Allen
- September 17, 2010: Updated by James Norwood: added dates, history, much more information
- April 1, 2010: Added by Joshua Collins
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- James Norwood
- Jim Allen
- Janis Ford
- Ken Durham - Kenneth [dot] Durham2 [at] gmail [dot] com