Sleepy Hollow Covered Bridge 35-48-A
The timber portion that is above the deck does not contribute to the load bearing structure, it is cosmetic only. The concrete box beams under the deck carry the load. The sides sort of look like a truss web, but would not be effective at supporting a span this long, nor does it match the pattern of any functional truss.
- Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Ten Mile Creek on Olde Post Road
- Sylvania, Lucas County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1962
- Pre-stressed concrete beam stringer with timber roof and roof supports
Total length: 87.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.71715, -83.71556 (decimal degrees)
41°43'02" N, 83°42'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/274100/4621936 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 35-48-A (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 60292 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 29, 2017: Updated by Fmiser: changed type from "multiple king post" to "concrete box beam" and added some explanaton.
- March 17, 2014: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com