Shoults/Girl Scout Camp Covered Bridge 35-45-05
Photo taken by Chad Wilkins in February 2014
BH Photo #280211
ID # 35-45-05 ~
Shoults/Girl Scout Camp Covered Bridge
LOC: N.NW. Fallsburg on Girl Scout Camp Rd (TR225) over Wakatomika Creek, Fallsbury Twp sec 4 [off OH586 2.5m N.W. jct OH79 then E. 1.4m].
Truss Type: Multiple Kingpost (MKP)
Length: 68' | Built: 1879
- Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Wakatomika Creek on Road
- Licking County, Ohio
- Open to traffic, fair condition, 5-Ton limit
- Built 1879, rebuilt on rolled steel beams in 1974
- Multiple Kingpost through truss on rolled steel beams
Length of largest span: 66.8 ft.
Total length: 70.8 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.23337, -82.24971 (decimal degrees)
40°14'00" N, 82°14'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/393687/4454408 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- Fallsbury Twp
- Inventory numbers
BH 54165 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 22, 2021: Updated by William Evans: Information added
- October 10, 2014: New photos from Bill Eichelberger
- March 24, 2014: New photo from Chad Wilkins
- October 26, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Mapped
- October 25, 2012: Added by Chad Wilkins
- Chad Wilkins - chad43739 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- William Evans - bevans [at] lcounty [dot] com
- Bill Eichelberger