Falling Rock Camp Iron Bridge
Photo taken 2005 by Gregory S. Hamilton
BH Photo #108329
A composite cast- and wrought iron bridge, the Falling Rock Camp Bridge is one of three surviving Post trusses in the United States.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
Compiled by James Baughn
- ca. 1872
- Constructed over Brushy Fork in Perry Township, probably by the Cleveland Bridge & Car Works
- Aug. 3, 1926
- Licking County offered to give bridge to Village of Hebron in exchange for moving it
- April 1927
- C.B. Patterson erected bridge on new abutments at the west end of Cumberland Street over the Ohio Canal in Hebron
- June 24, 1931
- Hebron council voted to sell bridge to Licking County to be relocated to the Boy Scout Camp. Because of a dispute over right-of-way, the bridge was never used during its time in Hebron.
- Iron pony truss bridge over Rocky Fork at Falling Rock Boy Scout Camp
- Licking County, Ohio
- Has been moved and restored in the camp.
- Future prospects
- The bridge has been moved off of the creek where it will be repaired. It will then be relocated back over the stream about 300ft downstream near the covered bridge.
- Built ca. 1872; relocated 1927 and 1931
- Cast- and wrought-iron Post pony truss
Span length: 66.0 ft.
Total length: 66.0 ft.
- Also called
- Doc Brown Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.17718, -82.30209 (decimal degrees)
40°10'38" N, 82°18'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/389140/4448235 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 27864 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 21, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- November 20, 2016: Updated by Janis Ford: Updated status
- December 2, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: Location was wrong, fixed to current location.
- March 16, 2014: HAER photos posted by Dave King
- January 10, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added alternate names
- July 23, 2009: New photos from James Baughn
- December 19, 2005: Posted photos from Gregory S. Hamilton