The bridge carries a private drive over a stream in a rural setting. The bridge is immediately west of the intersection with Loudon Street. The drive serves a modern Butler building and a 1-story, vernacular frame house (ca. 1905) with modern alterations (siding, windows, side and rear additions). To the east of Loudon Street is a modern golf course and country club house. The skewed, 1 span, 30'-long, 3-panel, pin-connected Pratt pony truss bridge is supported on a concrete abutment at its west end and a steel bent at its east end. There is a short steel stringer approach span at the east end. The truss is composed of a built-up upper chord of toe-out channels with cover plate and battens; built-up verticals of toe-out channels with lacing; and diagonals and lower chords of eyebars. The floorbeams are suspended from the lower-chord pins by U-shaped hangers. A builders plaque is attached to the inside of the upper chord at midspan. Arrangement of substructure and approach span is suggestive that this is not the truss's original location. "The short-span, pin-connected Pratt pony truss bridge has no unusual or distinctive details. It is of standard composition and is dated ca. 1905 based on style. The Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. was incorporated in 1880 and operated well into the 20th century also doing increasing amounts of generalized steel fabrication and erection work for buildings and factories. There are more distinguished examples of the company's bridge work such as Chicago's South Halsted Bridge (bascule) or the Bellaire Bridge over the Ohio River.