Vrooman Road Bridge
Replaced an earlier structure from 1879. Warren Polygonal pony truss bridge built upon c. 1879 abutments and center pier. Rehabilitated in 1980 when the deck was replaced.
- Lost Warren Polygonal pony truss bridge over Grand River on Vrooman Road
- Lake County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Future prospects
- Being replaced with a high-level crossing upstream.
- A replacement of an earlier covered crossing.
- Polygonal Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 88.4 ft.
Total length: 179.4 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.72593, -81.18432 (decimal degrees)
41°43'33" N, 81°11'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/484669/4619364 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1995)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 4337107 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 64711 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 19, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed typos and updated status per forum post
- November 2, 2018: New photos from Josh Schmid
- February 10, 2017: New photo from Sherman Cahal
- February 6, 2017: Updated by Sherman Cahal: Updated from Vrooman Road Bridge and Roadway Improvement Project Purpose and Need.
- December 15, 2014: New Street View added by Dave King