Pleasant Valley Road Bridge
Top of truss
Name plates at the top of the bridge
Photo taken by Sandor Gulyas
BH Photo #280081
The wrought iron Whipple through truss (double intersection Pratt through truss) was constructed in 1881 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company. The one-lane crossing was bypassed in 1951 and rehabilitated in 1979.
The Pleasant Valley Drive Bridge was closed in 2001 and dismantled and refurbished in 2004. Fabricated replacement members were manufactured by the Ohio Bridge Corporation of high strength steel and all parts were zinc metalized. The bridge was reassembled on site in 2005 and 2006.
- Through truss bridge over Chagrin River on Pleasant Valley Drive
- Willoughby Hills, Lake County, Ohio
- Restored and open to traffic
- Built 1881 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1979, 2004-06
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Wrought iron,Whipple through truss
Span length: 163.0 ft.
Total length: 163.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.58958, -81.40264 (decimal degrees)
41°35'22" N, 81°24'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/466440/4604287 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mayfield Heights
- Average daily traffic (as of 1995)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 4352165 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
ODOT 4370554 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 27834 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 47.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 10, 2017: Updated by Sherman Cahal: Updated information from ODOT Bridge Preservation Nomination Form.
- September 26, 2015: Updated by Luke: Image & info via Dave Darby
- August 14, 2015: New photos from Janis Ford
- March 22, 2014: New photos from Sandor Gulyas
- April 2, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Mapped
- October 2, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon: updated status