Current bridge reusing old truss parts - possibly from this bridge?
Photo taken by Brenda Plassman in July 2016
BH Photo #523351
It appears that a couple of v-laced beams from this bridge (or another old truss bridge) may have been used to act as braces for the pile piers of the current Millwood Road bridge.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Kokosing River on Millwood Road (US 62)
- Millwood, Knox County, Ohio
- Destroyed by collision
- Built 1898 by the Mount Vernon Bridge Co.; destroyed by truck in fiery collision and collapse October 17, 1947
- - Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio
- Pratt through truss
Total length: 179.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.39718, -82.27830 (decimal degrees)
40°23'50" N, 82°16'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/391518/4472626 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 95721 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 4, 2022: New photos from Paul Plassman
- January 1, 2022: Added by Paul Plassman