Lucerne Road Bridge
Photo taken by Brenda Plassman in July 2016
BH Photo #523355
Originally located on Lucerne Road (TR 392) over a branch of the Kokosing River near the Morrow County line. Now owned by the Knox County Historical Society, the trusses were erected in Mount Vernon's Ariel-Foundation Park as decorations atop a load-bearing steel stringer structure.
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss bridge over Stream on Park road
- Mount Vernon, Knox County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built ca.1900 by the Mt. Vernon Bridge Co.; replaced 2004; preserved by the Knox County Historical Society and installed in Ariel-Foundation Park
- - Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio
- Pinned, 4-panel, half-hip Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 51.8 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
- Also called
- Ariel-Foundation Park Pratt Truss Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.38752, -82.50089 (decimal degrees)
40°23'15" N, 82°30'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/372608/4471850 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 4236599 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 96915 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 7, 2022: New photos from Matthew Hemmer
- March 5, 2022: Updated by Dave King: Added category "Painted red"
- March 4, 2022: New photos from Paul Plassman