Mohican Wilderness Suspension Bridge
Mohican Wilderness Campground
Photo taken by David Case in March 2017
BH Photo #384662
Very nice pedestrian "swinging" bridge located inside Mohican Wilderness Campground, near Danville, Ohio. Note historical plaque near bridge. This private campground maintains several historic structures.
- Suspension bridge over Mohican river on Pedestrian trail
- Knox County, Ohio
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 2002
- - Claggett & Sons (Contractor)
- Lonnie Stull (Cables)
- Marion Zaugg (Architect)
- Wire/cable suspension
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 170.0 ft.
Deck width: 5.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.55628, -82.19759 (decimal degrees)
40°33'23" N, 82°11'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/398607/4490190 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- Jefferson Township, section 19, 20
- 900 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 76277 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 27, 2017: Added by David Case