Hunter Road Bridge
Photo taken by Joshua Collins in Fall 2008
BH Photo #135849
Concrete risers on cut stone substructure suggests there was an earlier bridge at this location.
- Two-span through truss bridge over Mohican River on Hunter Road (TR 218)
- Knox County, Ohio
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1904; rehabilitated 1959
- - Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 304.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.45063, -82.20821 (decimal degrees)
40°27'02" N, 82°12'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/397547/4478475 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1997)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 4237374 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 27814 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2008)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 27, 2021: New photos from David Case
- May 30, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- February 10, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added builder.
- March 24, 2009: New photos from Joshua Collins
- February 27, 2009: Updated by Joshua Collins: bridge has been closed to all traffic
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- David Case