Yellow Creek Bowstring Bridge
From Historic Bridge Inventory:
The bridge is abandoned and is located on land owned by a coal mining company. It's location is gated and not accessible. A security guard reported that he thinks that the bridge is still there. It was not possible to inspect. The bridge is extremely deteriorated with no deck and missing web members. According to the county engineer, the bowstring truss is still there. The bridge is closed and abandoned. It is no longer inspected. It is not used but reportedly standing as a ruin. It is recommended as not eligible based on its deteriorated condition and good representation of the bridge type and design in the state. Photographs were not possible. The location is restricted and locked.
- Abandoned bowstring pony truss bridge over Yellow Creek on TR-67 (Old Alignment)
- Jefferson County, Ohio
- Derelict/abandoned on private property.
- Bowstring pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.51617, -80.85403 (decimal degrees)
40°30'58" N, 80°51'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/512365/4485059 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82524 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 13, 2018: Added by Nathan Holth